“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” ~Soren Kierkegaard
This is the perfect time to reflect upon this past year. Are you ready?
To prepare, take a deep breath, slow down, and grab a cup of coffee or tea along with a journal or notebook to write in. As you go through the reflection questions below, write down what comes to you after reading each one.
There is no right or wrong answer. Making judgments and having negative thoughts are not part of the plan. This is an exercise for you to use to make positive changes.
- What did you learn this year about yourself and in general?
- Pick 5 words to describe this year.
- What or who brought a smile to your face or warmed your heart this year?
- What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
- What was the single most challenging thing that happened?
- Who came into your life this year?
- What or who did you let go of this year?
- With whom were your most valuable relationships?
- What effect did this past year have on your emotionally, spiritually and physically?
- In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?
- What was your single biggest time waster in this year?
- What was the best way you used your time this past year?
- What was your greatest accomplishment this past year?
- What do you want to continue into the New Year?
Did you find this exercise helpful? I’m always looking for feedback. Please feel free to add a comment below.
Wishing you an amazing 2017 full of endless possibilities!