Spring is here! Although it seems more like back and forth between winter and summer in Maryland lately with temps ranging from the 30s to the high 80s. It’s still April. To many April is that time of year when we get the urge to do some spring cleaning around the house. You know, open the windows and let in the fresh air. Then put away the winter clothes, boots and coats. After that it usually leads to getting out the cleaning supplies and trash bags, turning up the music and jumping into another round of spring cleaning! It is also the perfect time to do some spring cleaning in your life. That’s right, in your life. Many people spend the winter months hibernating behind excuses, losing motivation and filling their lives with piles and boxes of mental, physical and emotional junk to clear out in the spring. Here are some ways you can spring clean your life.
- Air out your attitude. If your attitude is closer to “scrooge” from the holidays, then let that negativity blow away with the spring breeze.
- Lighten up your life with more laughter and joy. When was the last time you let your inner child out to have some fun!
- Clean out your emotional closet. Holding on to old emotional baggage does not leave room for you to fully enjoy life in the present moment.
- Rid yourself of resentments. Start out the season with forgiveness and lighten up your spirit.
- Throw out unhealthy or expired relationships. There may be some friendships or other kinds of relationships that you have outgrown and no longer fit you this season.
- Open up the windows of your mind to new and refreshing ideas on living healthier, happier and easier.
- Dust off old dreams to follow and take action towards making them reality.